Thursday, June 2, 2011

Good Works

Okay, I know everyone is talking about it, and I know I don't have a clue how many people have pitched in, and I know some have done so much more than others ... but when the delivery truck loaded with roofing supplies showed up this afternoon, I cried again!

You've seen it happen on TV in a matter of days ... with professionals and a Television network driving the project, but have you seen a small community rebuild a house for someone in need in just over a week?  That is what is happening in Parma this week, and it is inspiring.

Contractors who could be working on paying jobs are donating their time and resources.  Housewives are providing nourishment AND tearing up old tile!  Teenagers are tearing down, cleaning up, smoothing out, hauling off, and doing it all with a smile!  The best part is, most of these people have never met the recipient of all this good will! They just know he is a member of the community who is in need.

I once read a quote that said, "There isn't much to see in a small town, but what you hear makes up for it."  I'm here to tell you, there is much to see and hear in this small town!

No comments:

Post a Comment