Thursday, June 28, 2012

Waxing Patriotic

Oh say, can you see?
I'm feeling an increase in my own level of patriotism.  It has been building for a few weeks and promises to continue gaining momentum.  One might think it has something to do with the pending Independence Day celebrations, but one would be wrong.  I admit that fireworks, flags, food, and family make me feel thankful for this blessed land, but what really gets me fired up are the athletes competing in the Olympic Games!

Shallow?  Maybe.  However, consider the discipline, sacrifice, and determination required for those individuals to be successful in their sport. For a few weeks they become the face of the United States as viewed by the rest of the world. No wonder we are tempted to put our lives on hold while we root for the home team.  I guess I am just a cheerleader at heart. Shallow?  Maybe.  All I know is ... I can't wait to hear the Star Spangled Banner every time we bring home the gold!

1 comment:

  1. Hey, hey, now...none of this shallow talk! We live in a GREAT country and like you, I love watching the Olympic Games, flying my flag, and honoring our military in all their varities.

    Happy Fourth!!

    ReplyDelete