Friday, June 13, 2014

Old Fort Boise Days. Ready, Set, Go!


I am taking a few minutes break from preparing for Old FortBoise Days to remind myself why I love writing.  The selling is fun, when one actually sells.  The visiting with folks who love to read or write, or both – well those things are also fun.  It’s the getting ready to sell and trying to sell that feels tedious to me.
Come see me and I will give you a cool bookmark!

Here is my problem … I really just want people to read my work! However, selling somehow justifies all the time spent writing. So I feel a need to sell, but marketing isn’t my strong suit. Therefore, neither is selling.

Yesterday I spent a couple hours working on the PainBook.  I’m still mulling over a title. What do you think about “Painful Lessons from a Running Granny?” 

Anyhooo, a few minutes spent writing seems to get the creative juices flowing while thinking about writing and not doing it works just the opposite for me. Today’s tasks (counting change, gathering pens, making flyers, and packing the table and chairs in the car) are not nearly so intellectually stimulating. Don’t get me wrong, I am looking forward to making some new friends, visiting with fellow writers, telling people about my writing, and hopefully selling a few books.  There is also the promise of a Bloomin’ Onion or some other sort of Fair Food.  That is always fun!

I will trudge on today getting ready for tomorrow for I know tomorrow will be great.  It’s kind of like one of the chapters in my next book, “The Anticipation of Pain Lesson.” The run is never as bad as the anticipation of the run.  Well, sometimes it is!  Read about one particularly difficult run HERE.http://runninggrannygreen.blogspot.com/2012/07/im-alive.html

Well, now to pack the car …

No comments:

Post a Comment