Saturday, October 13, 2012

Artwork for Grandma

I've certainly mellowed with age.  When my children "decorated" my walls with crayons, pencils, and pens, I was unhappy and probably even a little bit unkind.  Didn't those children know how hard it was to keep a clean house without added wall scrubbing? 
Things have changed.  When my granddaughters visited last summer, the three year-old did a little redecorating in several places!  I miss those little girls when they leave, so I have retained the new artwork.  It helps me feel connecte. I appreciate it so much more than I used to!
I think the time has come to remove the artwork.  The girls are coming back!  As they will be visiting during the holidays, I think I can withstand the separation until December. So, if I can bring myself to do it, I will be scrubbing walls next week.  In the meantime, I'm gonna enjoy it just a little longer!  

No comments:

Post a Comment